What will you need?
1. Evren bootable image file (.iso)
2. Oracle Virtual Box for virtualization
3. Laptop/PC that you want to install on
⚠️ We currently only support x86 architecture-based devices.
4. Internet Connection (Wi-Fi or Wired)
⚠️ Before you begin, please make sure that your laptop has enough memory space allocation for
Virtual Machine. We suggest having 30GB of memory space allocation and 4GB of RAM
How to download Evren ISO file & VirtualBox
1. If you don't have the ISO file, please browse to Evren Manager Portal to download and proceed
with the next step.
2. Please head to VirtualBox's official website https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads to download
VirtualBox 6.1.26 platform packages based on your Operating system (OS).
Installing VirtualBox on Windows
1. Open the new EXE file, and then double-click VirtualBox-6.1.22-Win.exe to open the
2. You will see a custom setup dialog box. Please accept the default and click Next. If you wish to
change the installation directory, you can change it by clicking on the Browse button and selecting
the new directory, and click OK. We recommend using the Default installation Directory.
In this dialog box, you can choose which features to install by accepting the default and clicking
3. You will be directed to install the dialog box.
4. After clicking Install, you will most probably see the User access control confirmation dialog box
from Windows OS. This is a security feature in Windows that wants to confirm if the application
should be allowed to proceed with the installation process. Click Yes to continue and you will see
that the installation process will begin. Wait for the installation to complete.
5. After the installation is completed, you shall see the installation completion dialog box. If you leave
Start Oracle VM VirtualBox after installation is checked, VirtualBox will launch automatically. If
you unchecked it, you will have to launch Virtualbox manually. Click Finish to exit the installation.
Installing Evren on VirtualBox
1. Your newly installed VirtualBox is ready to go. You can search for VirtualBox in Windows
search in the taskbar. You will see the VirtualBox Icon on top and click to open it.
2. In VirtualBox, click New.
3. You can name your new operating system as desired if you type the name of any available
OS. You may opt to choose a different Machine Folder to store the VMs. When you’re ready,
4. On the following screen, choose how much RAM (the amount of memory) you want to allocate
to your VM, and then click Continue. Keep in mind if you set this too high, your Windows won’t
have enough memory to run. The default recommendation is 4000 MB, which is enough to run
most installers. Heavier codes or applications might require at least 3 GB, though. You can
always change this later in Settings.
5. Now, you have to decide the size of the hard disk for your VM, or if you want one at all.
Select Create a Virtual Hard Disk Now and then click Create.
6. Next, you have to decide which type of hard disk to create. The default is VDI (VirtualBox
Disk Image), which is Oracle’s proprietary container format. Please opt for Virtual Hard Disk
(VHD) for Windows machines. On the next screen, if you want a faster setup, select
Dynamically Allocated. If you want faster performance, select Fixed Size, and then click
7. Now you have successfully installed VirtualBox and Evren VM. Before clicking Start, please go to
Settings to modify the EFI settings to boot the Evren OS.
8. Navigate to System. You may need to modify the EFI settings at the sub-menus of the VM
configuration by enabling EFI (instead of UEFI secure boot).Tick on Enable EFI (special
OSes only)as the screenshot below.
9. Next, you have to set up the Evren OS by configuring the downloaded ISO file on your laptop.
First, go to VirtualBox and then click Settings.
10. Please navigate to Storage and choose Empty under Storage Devices. Next, click on the disc
icon on the right click on Choose a disk file and select the Evren bootable image(.iso) file.
10. Click on Start and you will be directed to the page below. Please click Install Evren to proceed with
11. You will see this screen, now the setup will run unattended, and it will take 30-45 minutes
depending on your laptop/PC.
12. Once the installation has been completed, you will be asked to set it up before you use it. Click
on Start Configuration.
13. Select the configuration for Timezone, Keyboard, and Language.
14. Create a user account with a password. This same password will also be used for hard-disk
encryption, which you must enter every time you restart your laptop/PC.
15. The laptop/PC will auto restart and you will need to enter your password to log in.
Enjoy your new Evren OS. The apps selected to be installed on the admin portal will be automatically
installed in a few minutes. Please make sure there is internet connectivity.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any queries or to report any bugs.