If your digital camera connects by a wire, plug it into your machine. It'll detect the device automatically, you may need to configure or modify the settings according to your preference.
Please follow the steps below to add a digital camera.
1. Click the Start button in the lower left corner of the screen.
2. Navigate to System Settings > Hardware> Digital Camera
3. Press on Add and a list of brands & models will appear in a prompt box.
4. Choose the right model and click on USB and hit the OK button.
5. The Added device will be displayed on the Digital Camera pane.
6. You may modify the camera settings by pressing Configure and Apply to confirm changes.
7. Remove a device by choosing the device to be removed and pressing Remove to confirm.